Date: July 11-13, 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California
Hotel: The LINE LA
Every other year, DKA members from across the country gather in Los Angeles for Conclave. Although this off-Convention year assembly allows for annual discussions on broader legislative and fraternal issues, we also take this opportunity to connect with the most important part of our organization: our membership. Attendees arrive eager to explore all of the lessons that they can learn from each other, and leave reminded of all the reasons that led them to join our organization in the first place. Here, in the spirit of Fellowship, we will come together to celebrate our origins whilst we envision our future.
Here are some of the activities you can look forward to this summer:
- Visit Delta Kappa Alpha’s founding sites at USC, including Bridge Hall where the first DKA meetings took place and the iconic founder’s fountain in the Mudd Hall courtyard.
- Get together with the highest concentration of DKA alumni in the entertainment capital of the world
- Join national archivist Dino Everett and catch a glimpse of historic DKA artifacts and one of the greatest collections of cinema technology in the country.
- Take a tour of the beautiful home of USC’s Alpha chapter, the CineMansion.
- And all the while, you’ll be making new friends and reuniting with old ones!
The National Council is also excited to announce that we will have a new piece of programming this year: the Solution Showcase. We know that there is important work happening in each of your chapters, and we want YOU to share those stories with your peers. Whether you’re “slaying your dragons” or living the Jewels, we want to hear about the moments that have shaped you as a cinematic artist of character. Here’s the catch: you only get ten slides and ten minutes, in pure DeKA fashion! We want to hear your innovative solutions in rapid-fire case studies, so be sure to click here to learn more.
We can’t wait to see you in July!
- Register for Conclave (for Individuals) – if you are representing your Chapter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Book your room at The LINE LA